So while I was at work yesterday, Matthew showed Sunny the water bottle and told me he got her to drink from it. I was so pleased! He tried to show me last night but she wouldn't do it. Today, however, I witnessed her grip the stick with her little hands and eagerly lap at the end of it! Hooray! I'm so glad she knows what to do when she wants water now. She also WILL eat the black seeds in her food (which she had originally rejected). She likes them very much. She also accepts plain Cheerios!
Our landlord told us when we moved in that we could get an aquarium or whatever as long as we told her about it. She never said anything about hamsters, but I called her today to let her know we have Sunny, and she said that's fine. I'm glad, because we really love Sunny. She's messy, but I can keep up with her messes with things as simple as a broom and vacuum.