
Sunny (on the left) and Sandy!
Matthew & I had the day off today, so we went to the mall, and while he sat on a bench to get off his feet for a while, I wandered into the pet store and looked at the hamsters. I found one that looked a lot like Sunny, and I asked the pet store lady if she could let me see the hamster's belly so I could see if it was a boy or a girl. If we were going to get another hamster, we decided we wanted a girl because we don't want any babies. We bought the hamster, and when we brought her home to meet Sunny, Sunny slapped her and she screamed and screeched and they knocked each other down. We worried they would continue to fight, but we eventually got them to get along in a box while I cleaned the cage. I figured if I washed the scent off everything, that would probably help, and I think it did. They're sharing the caged peacefully now, and we named the new one Sandy because she is about the color of sand. Sandy seems to be learning things from Sunny. Sandy copies what Sunny does, just like a little sister copies her big sister! Now she knows everything she needs to know about how to dig in the cage and run on the wheel and stash food away because she was taught by the best!